Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Melted Snowmen Cookies

Ok, so these aren't cake, but I wanted to put them on here anyway for the decorating aspect.


I know, snowmen must be on my brain lately, but these melted snowmen were fitting because the weather had warmed up to around 70 degrees when I made them. No snowman could survive that. Anyway, I just used a sugar cookie mix because I was going to jazz up the flavor of the icing. The best part about these cookies? You don't have to make sure that they're perfect circles, you want them to be odd shaped, because what snowman melts in a perfect circle?


To frost them, use slightly thinned royal icing so that it runs off the sides of the cookie in some parts. I flavored my royal icing blackberry and was surprised at how well the blackberry flavor paired with the sugar cookie.


For the snowman's head, stick some marshmallows in the microwave for a few seconds to get them warmed up so that they mush down when you press them onto the cookie. You can use anything you want for decorations, but I just used royal icing and mini chocolate chips. Scarves, mittens, hats, or anything else you could think of would be adorable! Be creative!


Oh, and what do you think of the new layout?

5 comments:

  1. Oh those are so adorable =D I love them, perfect thing for the coming Spring! And I really like the new layout too. That picture of cake at the header really makes me want some =d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the bad thing about that picture is that I can't do anything on my blog without wanting chocolate cake! But I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
    2. I love the cake too! Can you make it? Bet you can!


      *Samantha

      Delete
  2. Well, there's very few times that I do NOT want chocolate cake anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new layout!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!