Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Roses - Take Two

I recently whipped up some royal icing and decided to try piping roses again, since the last time I made them, I failed miserably. I was quite excited at how these roses turned out.


After my previous attempts, I took my teacher's advice and spent a little time squeezing tennis balls, and since I've been piping a lot more lately, no jagged edges on these roses!


Sorry the pictures are so dark, if I had used more light, they would've just looked like round white blobs.
Anyway, I like the white color, but next time I want to try variegated petals so the tip of the petal is a different color than the rest, or striped petals. That should be fun!


I can't wait to see these guys on a cake! 

2 comments:

  1. Those are really petty! I would love to see variegated or stripes ones. I don't think I've ever seen frosting roses like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they should be on a wedding cake! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!