Thursday, November 3, 2011

Practice, Practice, Practice...

...That's what I've been doing lately. I've been practicing working with bigger cakes, i.e. baking them, stacking them, transporting them, and eating them. I know, shame on me for that last one. 


Anyway, this past weekend I made another two tiered cake. I thought I was going to make a three tiered cake, but there is only so much time in a day. However, this cake was much bigger than the two tiered ones I've made in the past.


It's hard to tell from the pictures, but this cake was 12 x 4 inches on the bottom and about 8 x 4 inches on the top, whereas the previous two tiered cakes I made were about 8 x 3 on the bottom and 6 x 3 on the top.


Another thing, I completely underestimated the amount of icing it would take to fill, ice, and decorate a cake this size, so I had to be really skimpy on the icing because we ran out of butter. And sugar. That's why you can see the layers of cake through the icing.


Oh, and don't worry, I didn't eat the whole cake, but let's just say next time I'm practicing, someone should come take the cake from me when I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, what kind of cake is it? I like the colors, it looks kind of like Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a white velvet cake. And you're right, it does look like Spring, I guess I have my seasons mixed up. Or I'm really wishing it was Spring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh! Jennalee how could you be wishing it was Spring!!!! :O ;) I cant wait for it to be winter!!! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment! Your comments make my day!